Roanoke Valley Gives
Terms of Service
1. I confirm that my organization is a 501(c)3 nonprofit eligible to receive tax-deductible gifts and will provide our EIN number for verification.
2, I confirm that my organization serves and is located in the cities of Roanoke and Salem, and counties of Botetourt, Craig, Franklin, and Roanoke.
3. I understand that Roanoke Valley Gives begins on March 18, 2020 at 12:00AM and ends at 11:59PM on March 18, 2020.
4. I understand that all Roanoke Valley Gives donations must be made online through the Roanoke Valley Gives website (www.rvgives.org) by credit or debit card (Visa, Discover, Mastercard and American Express) or ACH bank account payment.
5. I understand that a minimum donation of $10 is required for all credit and debit card transactions. There is no maximum per donation, nor maximum per charity.
6. I understand that a MINIMUM DONATION OF $100 is required for donators to use the ACH bank account payment options, and there is a Stripe flat fee of $3.00 per transaction instead of it being a percentage. This makes the total transaction fees for ACH $3.00 plus the platform fee of 3% per transaction.
7. I understand that donors who enter their own credit or debit card or ACH bank account information directly on the Roanoke Valley Gives website are entering his/her data into a secure web portal provided by GiveGab. Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia and sponsors of Roanoke Valley Gives assume no liability for credit/debit card or ACH banking information or related information provided by the donor to a third party (e.g. organization staff member or volunteer).
8. I understand that Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of Roanoke Valley Gives.
9. I understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that the Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia has no control of this process.
10. I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization (not including incentive prizes/grants) through GiveGab less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor within 5 business days via electronic funds transfer.
11. I understand that my organization cannot donate to itself.
12. I understand that my organization cannot make a donation on behalf of a donor in lieu of a gift of cash or check.
13. I understand donations may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit to the donor including memberships, admission tickets, payment for tuition, payments for event tickets, etc.
14. I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the weeks and days leading up to Roanoke Valley Gives to the campaign to create a sense of excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
15. I confirm that my organization has a website or Facebook page and that we will add the Roanoke Valley Gives link to one or both.
16. I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote Roanoke Valley Gives over the course of the 24 hour event using social media and any other marketing outlets available.
17. I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, TV or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Roanoke Valley Gives.
18. I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
19. I understand that Roanoke Valley Gives incentive prize winners periodically announced throughout the day are final only after verification by Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia.
*Any donations processed outside of the Giving Day Period, through GiveGab.com, or subsequent recurring donations are subject to transaction fees outlined on the GiveGab.com pricing page: info.givegab.com/pricing.