General Eligibility for All Prizes
1. To participate in Roanoke Valley Gives day nonprofit organizations must meet the following eligibility requirements: Eligible organizations are defined as any organization qualified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3).
Organizations must be located in and serving:
- Roanoke County
- Roanoke City
- City of Salem
- Botetourt County
- Craig County
- Franklin County
Government agencies are not eligible to participate.
Organizations must be COMPLETELY registered on the Roanoke Valley Gives website by January 31, 2021. Registration opens November 1, 2020.
2. To qualify for any prize or incentive funds of any kind nonprofit organizations must have an approved and completed Roanoke Valley Gives day profile.
General Rules & Information
3. Roanoke Valley Gives day begins on March 10th, 2021 at 12:00AM and ends at 11:59 PM on March 11, 2021.
4. Early giving will begin on February 24, 2021 at 12:00am and end March 9, 2021 at 11:59pm. Early giving must be completed through rvgives.org. All gifts received prior to March 10th, 2021 at 12:00 AM through rvgives.org will be counted toward the day’s totals in terms of prize calculations.
5. All Roanoke Valley Gives donations must be made online through the Roanoke Valley Gives website (rvgives.org) by credit or debit card. The site will also accept E-Checks (ACH) of $100 or more.
6. Donors who enter their own credit or debit card information directly on the Roanoke Valley Gives website are entering his/her data into a secure web portal. Sponsors of Roanoke Valley Gives assume no liability for credit/debit card information or related information provided by the donor to a third party (e.g. organization staff member or volunteer).
7. Each gift is irrevocable and tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All donations will be for unrestricted use by the chosen charities unless otherwise specified on the participating organization’s profile page.
8. All donations (not including incentive prizes/grants) are typically paid to the chosen charity within5-7 business days after the donation is made.
9. A minimum donation of $10.00 is required. There is no maximum per donation, nor maximum per charity.
10. Organizations cannot donate to themselves.
11. Organizations cannot make a donation on behalf of a donor in lieu of a gift of cash or check.
12. Donations may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit to the donor including memberships, admission tickets, payments for tuition, payments for event tickets, etc.
13. Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia’s Administrative Fund is not eligible to receive a giving day grant or prize.
14. Prizes that are periodically announced throughout the day are final only after verification by Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia.
15. Power Hour prizes are awarded to the nonprofit that receives the most dollars raised during a specified time period. Power Hour prizes are limited to two per organization.
16. Incentive funds are exclusive to qualifying nonprofits. Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia reserves the right to verify qualifying information and revoke, change or award prizes at its discretion.
17. All time-specific prizes are calculated using time-stamped data via GiveGab and verified by the Foundation.
18. In the event of a tie for an incentive prize, the prize amount will be split evenly among the organizations.
19. Incentive pool prizes/grants will be distributed via check to the winning organizations the week of April 15, 2021.
20. As with all grants awarded by Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia, giving day grants are awarded at the discretion of Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia’s Board of Directors. The Board may withhold funds if it believes a participating organization violated the mission, values and guidelines of Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia and Roanoke Valley Gives.